Abstract Submission Deadline
Extended October 15th
The most engaging meeting on Fluid Therapy in the Criticaly Ill
Because of high demand we have extended the abstract submission deadline for the 6th International Fluid Academy Days untill October 15th . This is the last call to submit your scientific abstract for poster/oral presentation (accepted abstracts will be published in the PubMed listed official IFAD journal Medical Fluids: Anaesthesiology Intensive Therapy). The 6th IFAD meeting will offer the opportunity to discuss your research findings with esteemed international faculty and participants. This is a unique opportunity for residents and fellows to present their data and study results or ideas for future studies on an international forum. The iFAD Organising Committee welcomes scientific papers on (hemodynamic and organ) monitoring and fluid management in critically ill patients, but should not be confined to monitoring or fluids alone, any broad ICU related topic will be considered for presentation.
- Early Bird closing (upon availability as seats are limited): July 1st
- Special Rate closing: Sep 1st
- Standard Rate closing: Nov 1st
- Online Registration closing: Nov 15th
- Abstract Submission deadline: extended Oct 15th
- Abstract Acceptance notification: within week after submission
BENEFIT FROM SPECIAL REDUCED FEE CODE FOR #LIVES2017 PARTICIPANTS: USE "IFAD17ESICMEB" AT STEP 7 OF THE REGISTRATION PROCESS (LIMITED PLACES)
What ’s in the program and registration at a glance for 2017?
We have taken all your feedback into consideration and planned for:
- Meet and great with keynote speakers in the field of fluid therapy and organ function monitoring:Just to name a few: Martin Balik, Dominique Benoit, Christiaan Boerma, Karim Brohi, Pietro Caironi, Daniel Chappell, Jan De Waele, Paul Elbers, Ross Folliet, Luciano Gattinoni, Robert Hahn, Patrick Honoré, Eric Hoste, Can Ince, Olivier Joannes-Boyau, Ruth Kleinpell, Joris Lemson, Daniel Lichtenstein, Manu Malbrain, Paul Marik, Marcia McDougall, Zsolt Molnar, Xavier Monnet, Monty Mythen, Azriel Perel, Jan Poelaert, Sebastian Rehberg, Annika Reintam-Blaser, Daniel Reuter, Thomas Scheeren, Mervyn Singer, Joel Starkopf, Fabio Taccone, Bernard van den Berg, Niels Van Regenmortel, Jean-Louis Vincent, Adrian Wong, Tom Woodcock,... and many more
- Meet and great with the biggest, the best, the most entertaining, the most educative, the funniest Social Media (SoMe) team ever seen on a scientific meeting: Just to name a few:Duncan Chambler (@DuncanChambler), Jan De Waele (@criticcaredoc, @janjdewaele), Thomas Dolven (@thomas1973); Jonathan Downham (@ccpractitioner), Ross Folliet (@ffolliet), Fredrik Grandholm (@TotalResus), Justin Kirk-Bayley (@PARADicmSHIFT), Aidan Kingwill, David Lyness (@gas_craic), Cian McDermott (@cianmcdermott), Manu Malbrain (@Fluid_Academy, @Manu_Malbrain), Matthew Morgan (@Matrix_Mania), Segun Olusanya (@iceman_ex), Brendan Riordan (@concernecus), Matthew Rowland (@matthewjrowland), Gorki Sacher (@GorkiS), Stephen Shepherd (@sj_shepherd), Willem Stockman (@AnesthCritCare, @willemstockman), Jamie Strachan (@strachanjamie), Tamas Szakmany (@iamyourgasman), Jonny Wilkinson (@wilkinsonjonny), Adrian Wong (@avkwong, @WICSBottomLine), Tom Woodcock (@thomaswoodcock)
- Another massive day of workshops with a focus on stewardhsip, not to be missed sitting on the first row with the experts on Thursday, 23rd Nov 2017 (WORKSHOPS):Antibiotic stewardship (De Waele, Taccone, Spapen, Elbers)
- Nutrition stewardship (Starkopf, Reintam-Blaser, De Waele)
- Fluid stewardship (Lobo, Mc Dougall)
- Sepsis stewardship (Marik, Singer, Gattinoni, Rehberg)
- How to understand the glycocalix (Ince, Woodcock)
- How to talk like TED (Morgan, Fisher, Boerma)
- Social Media, FOAM and Critical Care (Morgan, Wong, Chambler, Mc Dermott)
- Hemodyanmic workshop (beginners and advanced)(Lemson, Monnet, Reuters)
- Medical statistics for dummies (Gattinoni, Benoit)
- A 4th and even better CACU, Course on Acute Care Ultrasound with separate modules for beginners and advanced that can be combined on 23rd Nov 2016 (4th CACU)(Wong, Balik) - If you book a full day of workshops you get an extra 25% discount
- The possibility to submit a scientific abstract on any broad ICU topic for poster or oral presentation with an international jury of experts (ABSTRACT)
- A plenary and parallel sessions format only featuring the best of the best (PROGRAM)!
- You can download the full program draft here (DOWNLOAD PDF)
- The most incredible venue: the Hilton Belle Epoque Ballroom (VENUE)!
- Fabulous accommodation deals which are always essential as Antwerp is a busy city (ACCOMMODATION)
- A bigger and better IFAD gala evening (SOCIAL PROGRAM)
In view of the upcoming 6th International Fluid Academy Days (iFAD) we need your opinion on some hot topics regarding sepsis, fluid resuscitation and hemodynamic montoring.